WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Arthritis typically affects dogs and cats with hip or elbow displasia, and older dogs and cats who suffer from general ageing and stiffness of the joints. Arthritis is caused by normal or abnormal wear and tear and directly impacts their mobility.
The condition gets worse over time, and your pet will increasingly experience pain, inflammation and discomfort. Although stiff joints are not curable, it is possible to improve joint health in your dog with nutrition and exercise.
Mobiflex is a nutritional aid for pets and can be used to assist with the treatment of a variety of joint conditions. In severe cases of arthritis, your vet will prescribe pain control medication.
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOUR PET HAS ARTHRITIS?
If your pet is showing any of the following symptoms, it might be time to get them checked for arthritis
• They struggle to get up or sit and lie down
• They start limping and moaning
• Constant licking of joints
• They become less active and don’t jump anymore
• They seem to be aggravated by the cold
• They struggle to get moving
HOW TO CARE FOR A PET WITH ARTHRITIS
Your pet needs to be as comfortable as possible in order to cope with the pain and inflammation, so make sure
• They sleep on soft bedding
• They have warmth in winter (heat)
• They are fed food with the correct Omega 6 – 3 ratio. Salmon oil is a great way to augment your dog’s diet. Salmon oil is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and has high anti-inflammatory properties
• Get your vet to prescribe pain control medication
Talk to your veterinarian about how your dog might benefit from different arthritis treatment options.